Thursday, May 07, 2009

God, I'm SO glad this is over!

Well, I didn't get to see 2nd and 3rd, but the atmosphere in 6th was chipper enough to make me think y'all did all right. Good job, everyone, I'm glad to hear that the overwhelming majority felt the MC was "easy," compared to our practice tests...let's see how that plays out in July.

Here's some info about the prose text:

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Novel-Ann-Petry/dp/0395901499

As for the poetry passage, if you watched The Tudors on Showtime, you'd have some clue as to what that's about, I suppose. Did you cover that stuff in World History, or AP Euro?

At the very least, you've had three doses of Shakespeare, that ought to provide some inoculation.

Finally...good news on the admin/curricular front: Bastard Out of Carolina has been approved by the textbook committee. I think I will use it instead of Mulvaneys next year. I love the book, but it's just too damned LONG.

And yes, I'm very proud of you guys. I think you did quite well this year, all in all, and I anticipate a kickass pass rate. Please let me know when you get your test scores...it's one of the high points of my summer.

10 comments:

Brian said...

I love Mulvaneys! I think if you want to cut an interminable book you should do Once and Future King. Mulvaneys was SO MUCH BETTER!

DANIEL WONG said...

Hey! We're not suppose to discuss the AP test once we're finished!

Reported.

Mika Kennedy said...

The middle 200 pages of Mulvaneys was awesome, but I didn't like the beginning overmuch, and the end 100 pages made me fall out of love with the middle 200. I think I'm still just stuck on the fact that Patrick had to go off and get cool. He was so much more awesome when he was nerdy and pathetic. He was also cool when planning to kill Zachary, and when not killing Zachary.

The Lit exam went much better than Calc, in any case, and marginally better than Euro. D:

KingFrost said...

The MC was easier than most of our tests. The open ended was surprisingly much much easier than i expected. I didnt expect it to be so vauge.

DANIEL WONG said...

Hey Ms. T! Tommorow is senior ditch day, I wont be coming to class.

mst said...

Why on EARTH would you TELL ME THIS?!?!

Mika Kennedy said...

Why on earth would anyone choose a Monday for our Senior Ditch Day? They're an hour shorter than normal days. =_=;; If people wanted a three day wekend...Friday is a perfectly dismal day 99% of the time, which makes it a prime candidate.

David K. said...

I'm ditching like Daniel too!

But my reason is for epic pain and torture of Physics C.

David H. said...

I admire Daniel's bravery.

mst said...

I have no opinion about senior ditch day except for this:

Get permission from your parents and it's an excused absence. The office doesn't care if a parent calls it in...they care even less if it's a medical excuse.

In any case, I have nothing vital planned during AP weeks...but *I* think what we're doing is fun, so it's your loss if you skip it.