Monday, August 31, 2009

Finale

If WHS were Hogwarts, you would've earned an E for Exceeds Expectations.

Data breakdown:

5s=7/9% (Most of these students may have earned a 5 without the class, so I can't take too much credit for their success.)

4s=28/36% (This is the group I am most proud of, as most of these students started the year at a 3 or lower, so I know the class actually improved their scores.)

3s=32/41% (Again, really pronounced improvement in this group.)

2s=11/14% (Much smaller group than I anticipated, which I know is small comfort for the students who fall into it, but as a measure of class success, it's still good news.)

No 1s.

All told: 67 students--or 86% out of 78--passed the AP English Literature Exam in 2009. Congratulations, I am so totally, exceeding proud of all of you. Thank you for making my job worth doing.

9 comments:

Mika Kennedy said...

And thank you very much for being there to teach us--much of which would not show up on any test, AP Literature or otherwise. <3

Unknown said...

Coming from Mika, the one girl who could of got a five in it freashmen year.

But yes, it was one hell of a fun class.. Err, despite me being there and all.

mst said...

FYI, I broke down the scores and averaged by period. Both 2nd and 3rd scored 3.35ish, 6th...3.5+.

It just goes to show that as crazy as 6th got, at least synapses were firing. And I gotta admit, Asad sure did his share of firing synapses.

Mika Kennedy said...

Sixth's average can be attributed to Asad's synapses and Tianxiang--because everyone knows he's secretly God. XD Elisa and I made a FaceBook group to prove it.

Elisa Bandy said...

It's true. He is absolutely a deity. I'm considering starting a cult-religion-thing in which TX is supreme.

dwong said...

hey ms T i got a 1

mst said...

Daniel...don't lie. There were no 1s...not even last year.

If I add everyone together, that's 110 AP English students I've taught at Wash over three years, and 98 passed. Of course, I'm not counting the two who didn't take the test at all.

I think that kicks both Mission and Irvington's butts.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for everything, Ms. T!!!! <3

~Katie Gaddis

Anonymous said...

MsT I just want to thank you so much for believing in all of us and driving us so hard. It's because of you that I actually got a 3. Thank you again, you're an awesome teacher!
-Sarah Ewing